Dental implants: A miraculous solution to replace one or more missing teeth
In our dental clinic in Antalya we offer high quality titanium implants, starting from £400.
A dental implant is a medical product, surgically placed in the jaw bone to support dental prostheses such as crowns, bridges, movable prostheses or fixed supports for orthodontic treatments.
We use the following implant brands: Implance (Turkey), Astra Implant (Sweden), ImplantSwiss (Switzerland).
Natural teeth can be lost for a variety of reasons. The holes in your jaw can be implanted with a dental implant, that can be felt as a your own tooth. So, how long does the implant treatment take? Do you feel pain during implantation? Specialist in Oral Surgery Dr. Askin Yilmaz answered the most curious questions about a dental implant treatment.
What is a dental implant?
In order to restore the aesthetics and function of missing teeth due to untreated caries, fractures and trauma, they are placed in the jaw bone, simulating the root of the tooth. Dental implants are biologically compatible with the human body thanks to titanium compound. Because they simulate the root of the tooth, they can give
What are the benefits of dental implants?
– Implants are only applied to the area of our missing teeth. Therefore, no further treatment is needed for our other teeth.
– They last longer than conventional bridges and total dentures and provide healthier and more comfortable results.
– In areas with tooth loss, bone tissue that can not participate in the function dissolves more rapidly than other areas. Dental implants activate the bone in the area where they are placed and reduce and slow bone resorption.
– In case the patient is completely toothless (without any teeth) we are not placing an implant for each missing tooth. We put 6 dental implants per jaw on which crowns/bridges are placed (on average 12-14 teeth / crowns per jaw).
The implant treatment in two steps
– First step: Panoramic X-ray, diagnostic implant placement. Once implanted, you wait 3-4 months for the osseointegration to occur (healing). For those 3-4 months we can produce a temporary prosthesis.
– Second step (after 3-4 months): for the prosthetic phase and to finish the treatment we are placing dental crowns or bridges on the implants (fixed option).
The technique to achieve immediately placing of the crowns/bridges is another option. If the bone mass is sufficient and the bone is solid, the crowns can be applied during the same stay without waiting for the healing of the gums. The bone must be in good condition and strong enough to receive the implants. If the bone volume is insufficient, it is necessary to increase it by bone grafting techniques.